Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My internet service is I have an imac I purchased

My internet service is I have an imac I purchased in July of 2011. My email server is Why does my imac 'mail' icon have ALL my emails received since I bought the computer. Why do items in my Wowway 'in-box" often slide into the imac mail box that is labeled TRASH?
If you don't delete your emails they will stay there, I don't really understand the question do you not expect to see all your email?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
but why do they move to my imac mail. they don't stay in my inbox at wowway and I can't send them back to that inbox. AND, they move from my wowway inbox to the imac AT WILL.
Go to Mail / Preferences / Accounts choose that account and on the right make sure Leave a Copy on the Server is checked.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
in preferences/accounts/mailbox behaviors i do not see "leave a copy on the server" I have:
Notes - show notes in inbox; delete sent messages when: NEVER; Junk - delete sent messages never; trash - move deleted messages to the Trash mailbox...permanently erase deleted messages when: Never. Under the Advanced tab the following are checked Enable this account; include when automatically checking for new messages; remove copy from server after retrieving a message After one week is the option selected. Under the Account Information tab it shows the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) as [email protected] (Offline) and the check box next to Use only this server is UNCHECKED.
Sorry uncheck:

remove copy from server after retrieving a message
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so what will this do for my problem??? I unchecked 'remove copy from server after retrieving a message'.
What is the SERVER we are talking about. (I know - dumber than a doorknob, that's me.) wowway - the imac mail?...clueless.
That is why your email was disappearing from the Wowway 'in-box", that is the "server" Mail was removing them.