Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

Since applying an OS upgrade to my iPad2 last fall, iCal shows

Since applying an OS upgrade to my iPad2 last fall, iCal shows all appointments duplicated. How can I remove the duplicate appointments?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Are you running Lion on the MacBook? Are you using iCloud?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not Lion. MacBook is at 10.6.8. It seems like I am on iCloud, though it's not something I'm very familiar with. How do I check that?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
The iPad iOS 5 comes with it, MobileMe (as of June 30, will no longer exist), it was replaced with iCloud.
Lion is required to use iCloud on any Mac but the iPad and iOS 5 already has it.
On the iPad, go into Settings/iCloud, chances are you have it.

You may have two calendars with the same info in them, delete one but make sure first.
This may shed some light on it also.

The part I don't like is I don't like Lion but my iPad does and so does iCal, I have a conflict with this, Apple is forcing the issue which is somewhat like OS9 to OS X. Had to do it but what a pain. Plus Lion is ugly gray.
Look at those links and see if it is helpful, if not let me know.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, based on what I see, my Mac is on Snow Leopard and I'm not subscribed to MobileMe. My iPad gets one Calendar from the Mac, and the other similar one from iCloud. The ways to fix the problem are to upgrade the Mac to Lion and have it back up the calendar to iCloud, or to deselect the iCloud Calendar on my iPad. Does this sound about right?