Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP
I have an iMac with version 10.6.8.My downloads folder has disappeared from the Dock.I can't find a copy of it in the Applications folder. Is there a copy of it somewhere? It's not in the Applications folder. There must be a way to recreated it, but how. I can't find any "help" in the Help menu.
The Downloads folder is under /Users/<your username> (i.e. - /Users/Ben). If you open that folder in Finder you should see the Downloads folder and can drag it back to the dock. Once it's in the dock, right-click the folder and select Options -> Keep in Dock.
I went into System Preferences/Accounts/ don't see a "downloads" folder must be in the wrong place.
1. Press the F (for find) key, while holding down the Command key.
2. In the upper right corner, type the word Downloads.
3. In the new window, go down the list to the Ds.
4. And there you will find the folder: Downloads.
5. Drag the Downloads folder to the doc, between the Documents folder and the Applications folder.