Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Having réorganises my files, my photos donot appear anymore

Customer Question

Having réorganises my files, my photos donot appear anymore ! I Only see à black frame....!

What saouls ne done to restore my photos ?
I do thank you in anticipation for your support,
Yours, friendly
José
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then open Macintosh HD (your hard drive on the desktop usually), then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions on the left. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Version 10.6.8
Pro'cessor 2.4Ghz Intel core 2Duo
Memory 4 Go 1067 MHz DDR3

i havé followed your instructions and gone down to Utilities but there is no "vérifie disk" ...
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Mike, I cannot see "your" screen, I have missed probably something. Can you show me the previous step ?
Thanks in anticipation,
Jose
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
I can tomorrow if that is Ok the language barrier is a little much at this late hour.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi, Mike, I am again in line, can you answer my question regardng the previous screen ?
I wait for it, kind regards,
Jose
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I don't understand "first step"?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
open Macintosh HD (your hard drive on the desktop usually), then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions on the left. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.