Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm

Hello. I have an ipad 2 (os 5) with wifi and 3g but no purchased

Hello. I have an ipad 2 (os 5) with wifi and 3g but no purchased Canadian sim card for Toronto where I live. I will be in London England and want to purchase a local UK one month sim card for 3g reception there. I have read conflicting reports over the internet about using a foreign (UK) sim card overseas (in UK).

Question: do I have to access the computer where the related itunes program and data resides (computer in toronto) in order to activate the UK sim card, or can I just enter the relevant UK sim data in the ipad 2 , presumably under settings? If I need to be within cable length of the master computer where ipad2 syncs with itunes, then I can't buy a UK sim card for use in the UK . Your help would be appreciated.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 4 years ago.

BeBoo :

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

BeBoo :

The computer does not have to be present if you go overseas and install a new sim card.

BeBoo :

One thing you might need to check with your current provider (if you purchased it subsedized) is to check and see if it is locked to their network. If not, you are free to use any card you wish. Just be aware that the iPad 2 uses a Micro-SIM so the carrier you choose would need to provide a Micro-SIM card.

BeBoo :