Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Hi - I have a MacBook and an HP 309g All-In-One printer.

Hi -
I have a MacBook and an HP 309g All-In-One printer. I used to be able to print wirelessly, but now I can't. Can you advise? I don't have any installation manuals or CDs.
First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then open Macintosh HD (your hard drive on the desktop usually), then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions on the left. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK - did all that.

Version 10.6.8
Processor 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Did all the repairing as well.
So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions? If so did you change anything when this started happening?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did not change anything.
Turn printer off and unplug from power for a few minutes then plug back in and restart the computer. Go to System Preferences / Print & Fax and delete the printer then try to add it back.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't know how to add it back.
Clk on the plus sign.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok - and then what do I type?
Select the default tab it should just show up if it is on the same network.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IT shows up but the icon does not look anything like my printer. Also when I try to print something, it says it is paused.

If you can’t print to your printer and you’ve tried all other solutions, reset the printing system. This process deletes all printers from your list of printers, deletes information about all completed print jobs, and deletes all printer presets.

To reset the printing system:
First, try all other troubleshooting techniques.

If you can’t print
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Print & Fax.

Open Print and Fax preferences
Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, and choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.

Add the printers you use.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok - I did that. I reset the printing system. My printer showed up and I chose it. Then when I tried to print it said Connection Failed. Unknown error. Retrying in 3 seconds.
Go to Apple Logo to Software Update let me know if ther is an update for the printer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No there is not.
Plug the printer in by USB and see if you can print
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is working now - I restarted the printer and my computer. Many thanks!!!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX thank you!!!
It feels good to help!