iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

Error Initialising Database When opening up XDCAM Transfer

Error Initialising Database

When opening up XDCAM Transfer I get the following error message:-

The cache database at "/Volumes/Bob Video Production/Final Cut Projects/Danny 15-1-12/Databases/Database.sqlite3" is read only.

Please ensure that the cache is in a location that you have write permissions for.

What does this mean. How do I fix it because this location is selected for me when I click the icon to initialise the program.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please I am still waiting. I think that part of my problem is that I do not know where to put relevant information when I set up XD Cam Transfer and the above error message is confusing
Bob
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Danielle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thank you for your response. This problem did come up about a couple of months ago and I thought that I had it cured when I reloaded all the software. Now suddenly it has raised its head again and I just do not know what causes it.
Expert:  iteachmac replied 2 years ago.
Welcome ,I will give a full and clear answer to your question, please make sure to reply to any questions I have. They may be essential to my reply.

Hi , I will try to help , please install OSX Combo update to your system .

Please can you make sure your OSX Boot drive or Mac HD has at least 15GB space free & the size of the Project on top of this . .

If your project is 100GB that = 110GB free needed on Mac HD etc .
To avoid issues on exporting and rendering with imovie or idvd and similar apps etc this is essential. .

Once checked , Empty trash .

-

A safe boot can help fix any Mac HD errors,

Turn off the Mac .

Power on the Mac .

Hold shift on the keyboard using a USB keyboard , while powering on the Mac and booting , boot to safe mode.

Once booted to safe mode , restart and boot as normal .

Full details here :-
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1455

-

Ok now install combo .

For Lion .
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1485

For Snow leopard .
http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1399

Please can you let me know if the problem remains ,
The Mac HD should be now working , you can also make a safe boot after the combo update , and then boot as normal after .

Any change in problem ,
Also , what OSX version are your using?

What Software version for Final cut ?

What drives are you using external Or internal Media drives?

What type of Mac , imac Mac pro , etc ?

Also you stated you changed permission in the finder ? , Via get info ?

Also did you upgrade the OSX version? or Migrate user accounts from an older Mac ?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know what the term OSX Combo refers to.My mac boot drive has about 800 Mb of free space, and my second external drive has about 2.2 Terra Bytes left on a 3 Terrabyte disk. I don't use iMovie I only use Final Cut Pro X. I have installed all the latest upgrades including a recent upgrade from snow leopard to lion and I have upgraded FCP X to version 10.0.3 only last tuesday.
I emptied the trash and rebooted my machine holding down the shift key except when I had to enter my password. It has started up as normal. I am not sure what a safe boot looks like but I suspect that I didn't get there for some reason. in the process I erased my previous response to you so this is my second shot to communicate. I will send this now and have a look online in the morning. as it is 1.24 am now
Regards
Bob
Expert:  iteachmac replied 2 years ago.

Hi ,

You stated , : My mac boot drive has about 800 Mb of free space .

This is not enough space for the Mac to run , space must be freed up .

Please check again , is it Mb or GB ? free .

You do need at least 15Gb free for good running of the Mac.

, If you are running Lion , please download and install The combo update .

For Lion .
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1485

You must make sure there is at least 15gb free space first .

Thanks .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My apologies, I should have written 800 Gb on aXXXXX I still do not know what the acronym combo update stands for. I looked at the OSX Lion upgrade and it recommends using Time Machine. If I install Time Machine on my second drive will it overwrite my existing data. All my customer jobs are being stored there
Regards
Bob
Expert:  iteachmac replied 2 years ago.
Hi ,

800gb is a ok .

The Combo update simply is a full update or patch to the system if already updated the the same Os revision .

Basically , installing the combo update with clear out and replace best part of the OSX Os system .

However it wont touch the users and it wont overwrite the users data or format etc .

The update installs and fixes many issues related to upgrade installs , and updates that are applied in a , b , c, d etc smaller updates .

The Combo installer basically includes all the latest OS software and replaces best parts of the OS when used and it does this in one whole.

Many problem , some even low level to the user can be fixed . Just installing like this.

It is best to backup first , before and after updating with the combo .
Repairing permissions is a good idea after also .

So make a safe boot after the install and then boot as normal . "Boot = startup the computer".

Does this Help so far ?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank You. Cant find accept box
Expert:  iteachmac replied 2 years ago.
Was the problem fixed ?
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience: Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing