Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis
37817776

I am currently in another country serving in the military and

I am currently in another country serving in the military and im trying to download music but because i bought this lap top in country my itunes doesnt recognize it and wont let me download music how do i change that so i am able to download music?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Omer Mushahwar replied 2 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

In Itunes have you you logged into the store, and have you authorized the computer for your account?

To do this Open Itunes Click Store at the top and then sign in with your itunes account
Then once sign in click Store one more time and click Authorize this computer

Please let me know if this helps or if you get an error

Customer:

i just did that and it said contact itunes support to complete transaction

Customer:

is there another way to get access to buying albums or songs?

Customer:

u there?

Omer Mushahwar :

HI thanks for the reply

Omer Mushahwar :

please give me one second

Customer:

k

Omer Mushahwar :

Please try the following
go to itune store
go to account info
scroll down and click "reset all warnings for buying and downloadin'g"

Omer Mushahwar :

see if that clears it

Customer:

k trying now

Omer Mushahwar :

ok Thanks

Customer:

didnt work

Customer:

i have my region set in the united states would that have anything to do with it?

Omer Mushahwar :

It shouldnt no

Omer Mushahwar :

so I am assuming that this issue only happens on this laptop can you use your account on other devices?

Customer:

all i have is this laptop im in kyrgyztan right now deployed so im unable to get to another computer

Omer Mushahwar :

One other thing i would try would be to go in and reset the payment information on the account it can be the same thing but essentially your reinitializing the cc payment type

Customer:

how do i reset the payment info? cause ive already erased my card number and reentered it

Customer:

it says my account has been entered from a new computer and i must verify my account info before i purchase and everything correct but still tells me to contact itunes support

Omer Mushahwar :

If you need to verify that means you need to go in and set the security code usually

Omer Mushahwar :

make sure that in place

Customer:

are u talking about the 3 digit security code?

Omer Mushahwar :

yes

Customer:

cause ive already entered and reentered that

Customer:

several times

Omer Mushahwar :

one thing i do is set the cc to none hit done exit out

Omer Mushahwar :

go back into itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

and then reenter it

Customer:

trying

Omer Mushahwar :

ok

Customer:

nothing

Omer Mushahwar :

still getting the same error

Customer:

yes

Customer:

im going to try to deauthorize and reauthorize

Customer:

that didnt work either

Omer Mushahwar :

Hmm let me check something really quick on my itunes one second

Customer:

k

Omer Mushahwar :

Since your signed in click store and click check for available downloads

Omer Mushahwar :

see if it downloads information to your account

Customer:

on the top of the screen everytime i enter my 3 digit pin a new screen shows up saying to please correct the errors shown below..none of my info is highlighted to suggest its wrong all that shows is something on the top right of the screen saying " please contact itunes support"

Customer:

it says "all purchases have been dowloaded for this account

Omer Mushahwar :

so its recognizing your account but not your credit card information/purchasing ability

Customer:

yes

Customer:

and the account i active

Omer Mushahwar :

in itunes store is your country region set to united states foryour account

Customer:

yes

Omer Mushahwar :

Now your itunes is registered to a US account one work around would be to create a new account with your current country settings you can sync up to 5 accounts with itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

the other option is to go through itunes support or I can opt out and allow another Just Answer person to hop in to help

Customer:

how would i contact itunes support?

Omer Mushahwar :

click on itunes store support

Omer Mushahwar :

then click on purchase billing ,,,

Omer Mushahwar :

then on next screen click unable to purchase

Omer Mushahwar :

it will then ask you some questions about your computer

Omer Mushahwar :

Im sorry I couldnt be of more help but unfortunately we are not part of Apple and there fore cannot do more for your account

Customer:

u were great help thank you

Experience: I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis