Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

I get a message on my ipad that says Icloud backup. your ipad

I get a message on my ipad that says Icloud backup. your ipad hasn't been backed up in 8 weeks. Backups happen when this ipad is plugged in locked and connected to Wi-Fi. and then has a ok in the box but it will not do anything when you click the okay so its basically froze and won't let me do anything can you help fix this???
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.

NickMacIT :

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will assist you with your issues.

Is your ipad freezing now? If yes, try to reset it by press and HOLD the power button (top side small button) and home button for 12 seconds.

Customer:

Hello

Customer:

I did what you said and it went to arrow that states slide to power off but it will not let me do it.

Customer:

I'm clicking accept but its not doing anything

NickMacIT :

hi

NickMacIT :

so it restarted?

Customer:

Hi no

NickMacIT :

still freezing?

Customer:

it won't let me do anything

NickMacIT :

try again

NickMacIT :

plug in to computer

Customer:

I try to click okay on the icloud backup box and it doesn't do anything

NickMacIT :

and hold those 2 buttons for 12 seconds

Customer:

okay done

NickMacIT :

is it restarting?

Customer:

Okay now it worked I think its rebooting I see the apple logo

NickMacIT :

great!

NickMacIT :

so do you want to turn icloud off?

Customer:

thats a good sign I take it

Customer:

I don't even know what Icloud is LOL

Customer:

its gone now hurray!!

Customer:

is it something good to have on the ipad??

NickMacIT :

but do you use it?

NickMacIT :

if you don't use, you can turn it off

NickMacIT :

later on you can always turn it on

Customer:

Its on there but I don't think I have

NickMacIT :

please go to settings

NickMacIT :

you will see icloud

Customer:

okay I see it

NickMacIT :

click on it

NickMacIT :

is it on or off?

Customer:

its on I have an account but I never used it and I don't know the password

NickMacIT :

it's up to you.

NickMacIT :

but at least you have the ipad working!

Customer:

can I just delete it tell I know more about it ?

NickMacIT :

it's a part of the new iOS 5

NickMacIT :

you can turn it off

Customer:

Yes thank you very much!! That is what I wanted done and you did that so thank you.

Customer:

how do I do that

NickMacIT :

you are welcomed

NickMacIT :

go back to settings->icloud->switch off

Customer:

there isn't a switch off is find my ipad the same?

NickMacIT :

what do you see under icloud?

Customer:

Account then a list of apps like mail, contacts etc.. then find my Ipad then below that storage & backup then delete account

NickMacIT :

you can turn those off.

NickMacIT :

just turn off do not delete

Customer:

okay then I will do that thanks

NickMacIT :

Great!

NickMacIT :

Have a great day!

NickMacIT :

and weekend!

Customer:

can i ask you one more quick question ?

NickMacIT :

sure

Customer:

How do I change the password XXXXX goes to this icloud account??

NickMacIT :

iCloud goes with your apple ID

NickMacIT :

if you want, you have to change the apple ID password

Customer:

Oh gotcha okay thanks so much for your help!!! Have a great weekend!!!

NickMacIT :

thanks!

Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.