Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

ipad is dsabled, says connect to itunes. itunes says enter

Customer Question

ipad is dsabled, says connect to itunes. itunes says enter passcode, but ipad is locked so cannot enter passcode. what next?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Force restore iPad
1. Hold down the home button and power button at the same time. This will force the screen to fade and the Apple Logo to reappear. KEEP holding the two buttons down until the iPad shuts off.

2. Once the iPad is off plug one end of the usb cable into the PC .

3. Open iTunes

3. While holding down the Home button plug the cable into the iPad.
Contunue holding the home button until the you the itunes logo and the picture of the cable on the iPad screen. This may take up to 30 seconds.

4. iTunes should now detect the iPad and you can perform a restore.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No sir, I did that but please read my question. iTunes says it cannot connect to the iPad because it is locked with a passcode. "You must enter your passcode on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes. But I am locked out of my iPad, so cannot enter the passcode. What should I do next?

Do not charge me any money yet!

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I am not paid until you Accept. That is how to unlock your iPad. Did you try that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I did steps 1-4 as you describe above. I am in restore mode. There is an image of a dsb plug, arrow and iTunes logo on my iPad screen. Now what?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
In iTunes click on Restore.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK it says iTunes is downloading software and will restore iPad when download is complete. How long will this take?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Depends on your connection.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so the download is done. once again, iTunes is telling me i need a passcode, but the iPad is disabled. Next?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
What do you mean disabled what is on the screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
on my iPad screen it says: "iPad is disabled, connect to iTunes."
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK if you select it on the left in iTunes and you click on Restore on the right under Summary, does it ask for the Passcode?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean select iPad on the left side of the iTunes screen? iPad does not appear there, only my iPhone.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Force restart it by holding the Sleep and Menu buttons together until you see the Apple logo.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK did that
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Does it show up now in ITunes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. and i get the same "could not connect" pop up.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
If it downloaded an update I would try this again:

Force restore iPad

3. Open iTunes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, now iPad did show up on the iTunes screen, i hit restore, and the bar at the top of the iTunes screen now says "preparing iPad for restore.." now "waiting for iPad" ...iPad has the apple logo and an empty bar displayed...iTunes says "restoring iPad software...iPad bar is filling up left to right. Now iPad is open and asking me to set up. Is this what I should see?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Yes if it asks to Restore from your backup choose that.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, I sent you a bonus, well worth it, have a nice day.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Great thanks!!!