John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

MY iphone 4s says I cannot take a picture because I am out

Customer Question

MY iphone 4s says I cannot take a picture because I am out of storage. I have music downloaded that I want to delete so I can free up storage, how do I do this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX self-employed tech, and I'm offering my time in good faith today to provide advice and information.

Sadly, you can not delete music directly from the iPhone.

You will need to connect the iPhone to iTunes for this purpose.

Do you manually add music to the phone or is it set to sync everything in your music library?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I sync everything from my mac computer to my phone. Can I plug it into my computer and go to some setting to take the music off my phone?
If you wish to remove ALL MUSIC:

Open iTunes

Plug your iPhone into the Mac.

When it appears in the iTunes sidebar, select it.

In the device menu that appears near the top of the window (Summary, Info, Apps, Music, etc...) choose "Music"

Remove the check mark next to "Sync Music",

then click "Apply" in the lower right-hand side of the window.
----

If you wish to sync only selected music:

Open iTunes

Plug your iPhone into the Mac.

Make sure a check mark is next to "Sync Music",

Then, choose "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres"

Next, selectively place a check mark next to the items you wish to sync from the content boxes below (playlists, artists, albums, and genres).

Finally, click "Apply" in the lower right-hand side of the window.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If it does, please click ACCEPT so I can be credited for my time assisting you. Experts do not earn a salary and thus our work is only recognized when it is "accepted" by the customer. If you continue to have questions on this topic, DO NOT leave negative feedback, just reply back to this thread. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks,

Note: When leaving feedback, please judge only my personal efforts. Do not leave negative feedback for factors outside my control; such as hardware defects, loss/lack of software or backups, or the JustAnswer website.
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience: 20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When i remove the check from the sync box, the 'apply' option disappears and only gives me a 'sync' option in it's place. After hitting that, all my music is still on my phone. What am I doing wrong?
Does the check mark re-appear next to "Sync Music" or does it stay unchecked?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The sync box stays unchecked
Okay,

if you look on the "Summary" page at the very bottom, is there a check mark next to "Manually manage music and videos"? (There should not be).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No there is not a check nest to it.
Thanks.

The simplest thing for you to do in this case may be to place a check mark next to "Manually manage music and videos" then click Apply/Sync.

Then, click the arrow to the left of your iPhone in the iTunes sidebar.

You can now manually choose what music to delete directly from the "Music" folder.