CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
63903440

I have an IPad 2 and my camera will not open. What do I need

Customer Question

I have an IPad 2 and my camera will not open. What do I need to do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Please try to perform a power reset.

Press and hold the home button(front of iPad) and the top button both down at the same time. Hold until the apple logo appears, wait 1-2mins to reach the home screen. Test your issue and let me know the outcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I completed the power off and rechecked camera and no change. Still not functioning.
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
How are you trying to access the camera through what app?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have always been able to access camera by touching my camera on main menu page. When I go into photo shop I can take face pictures of myself, but the front camera will not open.
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Just to clarify you are attempting to open the camera through the photoshop app on the iPad and can't?

Also when attempting to open through camera app is doesn't open either?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes face camera opens with photo booth, but nothing will open the front camera.
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Have you updated your iPad to the most updated OS.

You can plug the iPad to the computer and open iTunes click on update to check.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not done an update for about a month. I will try that now.
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
OK, yes please try updating the iPad and let me know the outcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Completed update and said IPad had newest updates. No change in results.
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
OK, at this point I am out of ideas. I will opt out and open the question to other experts who maybe able to further assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will another expert contact me?
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Yes, they will.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not heard from another expert? Will someone be contacting me soon?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
None of the expert suggestions helped my problem.
Expert:  CompExpert replied 2 years ago.

hi,

sorry to give you the bad news, but defective front camera on ipad 2 is a common problem that Apple having. A lot of peoples have the same problem as you do. hardware defective nothing to do with software or apps.

you need to bring to an Apple Store and get a replacement.