If you are using Windows Live Mail only, You need to copy your contacts to windows address book first. Then you can sync to ipad.
Before you do the following steps, in Windows Live Mail, export your contacts as a CSV file and save it where you can easily locate it.
1. Click on the little WINDOWS Ball in the lower left-hand corner of your screen (this is the same as clicking START).
2. Type WAB in the search box. The first thing that comes up SHOULD BE a file called WAB.EXE. Double-click so it opens up—it may or may not be empty. This file is NOT the same file as the windows live file so don’t worry about overwriting anything.
3. Click IMPORT at the top of the screen.
4. Select CSV, then click IMPORT again. It will ask you to find the file you want to import. Find the backup you made.
5. Once it’s done importing, you should see all your contacts.
6. Now plug in your Apple device—iphone/ipad.
7. iTunes will launch automatically. Give it a minute to completely load etc.
8. At the top of the screen you will see: SUMMARY INFO APPS MUSIC MOVIES TV SHOWS etc. etc.
9. Click on INFO
10. You will see ‘SYNC CONTACTS WITH’. Make sure there is a check in the box and that after ‘with’ you see WINDOWS CONTACTS. If you don’t see WINDOWS CONTACTS, click on the drop-down menu and select it.
11. Then click on SYNC at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen and let it run.
12. That’s it!
14. To sync another device repeat steps 6-12
POSITIVE Feedback And A BONUS Are Always Appreciated ..
PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE LEAVING A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK
SORRY, CANNOT FIND wab FILE. Went into START and SEARCH on my computer.. No WAb file came up.
Not sure about windows ball you mention.
I have made a copy of the contacts in windows live mail using the CSV format.
need more help.
This is painful.
I got the address book as you said, went to FILE but the import/export facilities are not highlighted so I cannot activate import.
My address book does not have "main identity " at the top and does not have all the facilities shown on your picture.
Is there any other way to get to it?
There is no Import command on the tool bar.
Can I not export the csv file direct to the ipad?
getting ready to give up!