CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified

I have an Applle I Pad 1. I had it upgraded and now need

I have an Applle I Pad 1. I had it upgraded and now need my passsowrd to proceed. I forgot my password
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 2 years ago.

ComputerCare1199 :

hi

ComputerCare1199 :

you mean the 4 numbers passcode to log into your ipad?

Customer:

It asks for my password

ComputerCare1199 :

on your ipad correct? not your password XXXXX your Apple ID

Customer:

yes

ComputerCare1199 :

there no way you can remember it?

Customer:

yes woould like to change it

ComputerCare1199 :

Apple products are very secure, there is no options to change or reset it

ComputerCare1199 :

let me show you how to get your ipad back to working order

ComputerCare1199 :

now did you backup your ipad in itunes before?

Customer:

don't know

ComputerCare1199 :

because in order to get your ipad back to working condition, we need to restore it

ComputerCare1199 :

thats the only way

ComputerCare1199 :

let me show you how

Customer:

ok

ComputerCare1199 :

1.Attach the ipad to the pc
2.Turn the ipad off
3.Press and hold power. Keep holding power. As soon as you see display on the screen of any sort press and hold home.
Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
4.Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
5.At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

ComputerCare1199 :

after you finish all of those steps

ComputerCare1199 :

just go ahead and open itunes

ComputerCare1199 :

itunes will recognize that your ipad is in recovery mode, asking you if you want to do it, just click yes

ComputerCare1199 :

then itunes will do the rest

ComputerCare1199 :

after itunes finished, you all set

Customer:

Home soes not show up

ComputerCare1199 :

home button is the middle bottom circle button

ComputerCare1199 :

give it another try

ComputerCare1199 :

please give it a try, if my method workout for you, please come back and click accept so I get paid for my services.

if you encounter any problems, please let me know, thank you and have a great new year

Customer:

did not help

ComputerCare1199 :

did you try it,

turn off your ipad, hold power button ( button top right side) when you see something like an Apple logo, while still hold power button, press and hold home button

ComputerCare1199 :

how both buttons for about 10 seconds

ComputerCare1199 :

now release the power button

ComputerCare1199 :

but still hold home button

ComputerCare1199 :

then you will see windows will recognize and install your ipad driver

ComputerCare1199 :

after that just open itunes

ComputerCare1199 :

im 100% sure it will work

ComputerCare1199 :

been helping a lot of peoples with the same problem you having

CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience: Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified