CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
63903440

how can i retrieve contact information on my iphone?

Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 5 years ago.

ComputerCare1199 :

hi

ComputerCare1199 :

1

Plug your iPhone into your PC's available USB port using the iPhone USB cable. The computer will recognize the iPhone within a minute or so.

2

Click the "Vista Orb" located at the bottom left of the screen and select "Programs > iTunes > iTunes." ITunes will then open.

3

Click the iPhone icon on the left side of the screen. Then click the "Info" tab.

4

Click the checkbox next to "Sync Contacts With" so that it is selected. Click the drop-down menu next to the box and select "Outlook."

5

Click the "Apply" button and click "Merge Contacts" when prompted to. The sync process will begin and may take a few minutes to complete. Your iPhone's contacts have now been successfully retrieved to your computer.

ComputerCare1199 :

if my method workout for you, please come back and click accept so I get paid for my services.

Customer:

i dont need to put them into my computer. i had all contacts in my phone, downloaded my music from Itunes, and lost all contacts in my phone. i need to get the contacts back into my phone.

ComputerCare1199 :

just plug your phone in

ComputerCare1199 :

and click sycn

ComputerCare1199 :

it should get everything back to your phone again

ComputerCare1199 :

or try this

ComputerCare1199 :

1. Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer. Wait until you see the iPhone icon appear in the left column of iTunes underneath the "Devices" category.

2. "Ctrl + click" (right-click on Windows) on the iPhone icon and choose "Restore from Backup..." At this point, a dialogue box will open up asking you to select an "iPhone name." Here you will select one of your backups, which are performed each time you sync your iPhone in iTunes.

3. Click "Restore." When the progress bar has completed, you can disconnect your iPhone, and your lost contacts will be in the "Contacts" portion of the phone

Customer:

after my phone had lost all contacts, i added a few i knew from heart. when i did as instructed, my contact list was empty. including the ones i had just entered.

Customer:

now i tried it again, and it restored the contacts i added from memory. thats it. is there anyway to get my full contact list back?

Customer:

when i say from memory, i mean the ones i know by heart. the full contacts are still not downloading.

ComputerCare1199 :

thats mean you did back up your contact before this happen

ComputerCare1199 :

if you didnt back it up before

ComputerCare1199 :

there no way to retrieve it

Customer:

thanks