David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional

hi, got this Acer beamer pico (pocket beamer) C112 which I

Customer Question

hi, got this Acer beamer pico (pocket beamer) C112 which I try to connect to my Mac Air, but the Mac says: the disc you inserted was not readable and indeed I can not find it back in Finder. It is not a disc actually, but a projector connected through usb (not vga). Anyway, I did connect it to a windows laptop, so I guess it is a Mac issue? There is a cd included with some ini and exe files which I tried to run (hoping for some kind of converter or something - sorry I am just a stupid user), but did not work... what to do? hope you can help me, best Brigitte
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is David.

Unfortunately Acer has not made drivers for this device for Mac. I recommend contacting Acer to find out when they plan to release drivers for Mac. Until they do the device will not work with Mac.

Click the link in the bottom right to verify your free phone support.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi David, I figured that out.... via another forum I came across a guy who had the same problem and he contacted Acer and was told that Mac sucks...that really helps... so not i put all files on a usb and project it then as usb goes directly into the projector, but it is far from ideal ofcourse. Anyway, thanks for the confirmation, I have one problem with Justanswer: when I came across this page and I filled in low priority the price for this answer would be 29 usd, then I gave all my credit card details and then it was said I just paid 49 usd whereas I only submitted the question as I thought it would cost 29 usd? That is a bit expensive, but also not very correct, so my money is gone now? I know, not your problem, but maybe you can answer this? Best, Brigitte
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi Brigette,

I don't deal with any billing issues, but support will be glad to help you out.

Contact [email protected] or go to

Glad I was able to offer a second confirmation, and for the record Mac doesn't suck, people who cop-out and say Mac suck basically suck themselves.

Happy New Year!

Kind regards,