Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

RA Sha

Customer Question

I just installed a 2 GB (1GBBx2) on my MacBook (12/2008 model) when I completed the installation & turned it on, ir turned on but I only have a black screen. What do you suggest I try next? I reopened the back to make sure they were seated properly & they seem to be.
HELP!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

In this case, the Black Screen means the RAM is not properly installed. Take out the RAM again and reseat them. Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after we solved the problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just reseated Ram 3 times & it's still the black screen.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Can you put back teh original RAM and see if it works or not ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll try now & get right back to you
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
OK
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I compared the model # XXXXX the RAM's and they don't match my order. I tried to
call the company this morning and apparently they are not open today. My guess is,
they sent the wrong RAM inserts. I'll let you know after I speak with them, probably
tomorrow.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Yes, i think that so. This happens if the RAMs are different than the supported by your Mac.