iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

Part of a word document was somehow deleted though Im pretty

Customer Question

Part of a word document was somehow deleted though I'm pretty sure I didn't delete it and the doc was later saved. It's not in trash and search can't find it. I recently upgraded to snow leopard. The icon for the doc is on the desktop with the partial info on it. Any way to find the rest?
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 5 years ago.

iteachmac : Welcome ,I will give a full and clear answer to your question, please make sure to reply to any questions I have. They may be essential to my reply.
iteachmac : Hi , I'm not sure if this will help but , check for auto save backups.
iteachmac : Auto Save files for Microsoft word / office on Mac OSX:Under your user's profile on the Mac HD , look in the folder "Microsoft User Data" under "Documents" e.g. on your computer it would be found in :Mac HD/Users/Your user/Documents/Microsoft User data/file nameAny auto save documents for MS word / office would be found there. Auto save does not save unless the doc is manually saved at least once.
JACUSTOMER-d2l3p7hq- :

Sorry, that didn't work and I went ahead and recreated the document. But thanks anyway.

Expert:  iteachmac replied 5 years ago.
ok no problem ,

Thanks and happy new year.