Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

RR hg

Customer Question

I am composer. I want to coordinate my 100 Mac iphotos of beach scenes EXACTLY with my 14:53 minute "Pelican Blues Adventure" CD audio recording. What Pinnacle program do I need for that operation? So far I have tried Mac iphoto slideshow, Mac power point and Xilisoft photo and video progarms. They don't work to change each timing of the various iphotos to match exactly with the audio recording. Some animations would also be in order. Please help, Ray xxxxxxxx
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

You could try Final Cut Pro X. FCP X is best for advanced video editing :

Or you could try the Apple's iMovie. You can find it on your Applications folder. Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after we solved the problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am NOT using any video input for my project. I will be using only iphotos and my own audio CD. This is a photo with a CD project without any video involved. This not a video editing project!

Your answer is not accepted. Please reread my question and work with me again.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I understand..By video, i meant your project. You can do photos in both FCP or iMovie. Did you tried iMovie yet ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I have tried MAC iMovie, iphoto and power point. Those programs do not allow Each of my 100 iphotos to be INTERCHANGED and timed individually to VARIABLY match the exact spot on my audio vocal 14:53 minute CD. THIS IS NOT A STANDARD SLIDESHOW OR MOVIE.

PLEASE RECOMMEND A PROGRAM THAT CAN DO WHAT I NEED. A friend has a pc program called Pinacle that can do it. OF COURSE IT IS NO GOOD FOR MAC...

Eventually: IF that is accomplished, I want to make a DVD VIDEO of my "The Pelican Blues" adventure to play on any standard DVD player.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
FCP will allow you to do it easily..Or you could try this :
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So what is FCP? Is on my iMac OS X, Version 10.7.2?

I will try the web site mentioned later. Until then I still do not accept your last answer.

Have you ever personally tried to do what my original question is all about?

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Final Cut Pro, it is the most advanced editing application. I've been using FCP for years and it can be used to do what you want to do.

I didn't tried Roxio app personally, but that is the one i found which is better than others.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is FCP built in on my iMac?

Do I have to buy that Mac application?

I have Mac iMovie, iDVD, Mac Power Point plus 4 Xilisoft apps. for DVD converting and ripping and also The Xilisoft Photo projects app.

As I wrote before NONE of these can do what I need.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
No. Yes you have to buy it. That is very expensive, $300

If this is a onetime project, FCP is not worth buying.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So I am right back where I started?

I think your advice on FCP is helpful, but way out of my budget for this project. Maybe my iMac was a bad investment. I am not pleased.

Sorry Ashik. Perhaps someone else on your team could be more helpful.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I will opt out and send this question to other experts in here..