Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

i cannot get my ipad to transfer my music to new laptop need

i cannot get my ipad to transfer my music to new laptop need phone support
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Unfortunately, we don't have a phone support. But I can guide you on how to get this issue resolved.

Can you please tell me what happens when you try to transfer the music? Is it giving any error message?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no error message - can you direct me to someone that can talk? Im on a cruise ship and internet is shitty.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello?
If you want to talk to someone, you need to call apple care. But apple care here in India is now closed. You will have to call the US apple care (I believe you have bought this ipad from US). Their number is

1-800-2752273

I am not sure whether they are closed today, as the new year just started there.

1-800-2752273

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they are closed. thank you for the answer.
no problem..you have a great night...

If you are looking to get it resolved soon than wait for the phone support until tomorrow, I am here to help. You can just reply to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well, the support for the internet seems to be working okay. wan tto try it? I'll tell you what I've done.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I pluged my ipad in, and it gave the option of transfering purchased music. However, 99% of my music is stuff I burned from my CDs, (via iTunes) and a few hundred mp3s that I've downloaded over the last decade. It trnasfered about 100 songs (out of 400 or 600 purchases( and now it wants to erase my library on my ipad! What am I doing wrong????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh, and my total music is about 8000 songs!
I understand your question.

The reason is we can only transfer the purchases from the ipad back to the computer. Apple will not allow you to transfer the non purchases.

There are two ways to overcome this. Let me type out the two ways for you. Please be patient. It will take around 4-5 minutes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's great! Thank you!!! The crap is that I used iTunes to burn the CDs, so the ffact that they are trying to keep me from transferring it is bullshit. I'm calling them tomorrow and raising hell! I will do the transfer, and when it goes through, I will pay you your fee. It says $48US, but if it works I will allow you to raise your price to $100US so that I can show my appreciation.
There are two ways to overcome our issue. You can use any one of the following or both.

1. Manually manage the ipad. Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad. When you get the message that the ipad is linked with a different library, click on "cancel". Now, your ipad name will be listed to the left side of the itunes, below "devices". Just click on the ipad name, and now to the middle of the screen, you will find an option called "manually manage music". Just select that and click on apply. Now your ipad is manually managed. Now if you want to add a new song to the ipad, just drag and drop it on to the top of the ipad name.

2. Use any third party software to transfer the contents from the ipad back to the computer, so that your music are not lost. Some of the third party softwares that may help are

http://www.imtoo.com/ipad-to-pc-transfer.html

http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/index.php

Don't buy these softwares. Just download the free trial version.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
you received my answer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i am trying rright now
oh ok...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lord, as soon as this slow as crap system downloads this, I will pay you. Thank you so much!!!

Screw it- I'm paying you now. HAPPY NEW YEAR@!!!!!
Thank you...:)

you too have a very Happy New Year!!! :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Once this gets done, just because you were so patient, I'm going to give you the $52 I still owe you.
Thank you very much for that...:)