Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

Hi I had and am having trouble with my ID and password. I dont

Customer Question

Hi I had and am having trouble with my ID and password. I don't know if I hit the wrong keys or what. To retrieve my password XXXXX comes up with a security question that I didn't use Help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.

Did you mean you forgot the password XXXXX your apple id?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
When you try to reset the password, you have two options, "answer security questions", and "email authentication".

Have you tried both?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it gives me a security question that I did not choose. Now I am confused as to what my ID is and my password
Where do you get this message? In your computer or in any of your device such as ipad/ipod/iphone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is my Ipad I am not very computer savvy
no problem...I will walk you through.

When do you get this message? When trying to download something from the itunes store/app store?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, my friend told me I couldn't get an account until I registered in Itunes
Ok. Let's check some more settings here.

On your ipad, go to Settings > Store. Which email id is listed there? Is it yours?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it is but it has extra letters, however i can use it if i need to
Did you mean it is a wrong email address which you don't have access to? If that is the case, do you have your own apple id?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my email XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX on my computer, the one on the i pad XXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX When I enterd it I messed it up
No problem. Let's do this. Click on accept only after your issue is resolved.

On your ipad, tap on that email address in Settings > Store, and click on "sign out".

Now sign in using your correct email address and password. If you have not created an apple id using that correct email, then just create it.

let me know whether this helps
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have all the new words in but there is no button to continue
are you creating an apple id with your correct email now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i see i did not use capital i think i can do it now thanks
Good to know that...:)

Wish you a very happy new year..!!