Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

the touchscreen of my ipod touch is unresponsive. I cannot

the touchscreen of my ipod touch is unresponsive. I cannot slide to unlock the screen. I have update restored and done just about everything.

Let's try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Let me know whether this resolves your issue.

Thank You
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have already done that. The screen is still unresponsive. I also did a restore and the screen is still unresponsive.
It looks like it has some software issue and needs to be replaced.

I read from your question that you have already tried a restore. After the restore, you will have two options - restore from backup and set up as a new ipod.

If you had selected the restore from backup, I would suggest you to restore again, and this time, select the option "set up as a new ipod".

If that too does not resolve the issue, it needs a replacement, unfortunately. you can either take it to an apple store nearby or call apple care to set up the replacement
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did " set up as a new ipod". I think that a replacement might be needed...ugh!!!

Thanks for the information.

Don't worry. If your ipod is under warranty (within the first one year of purchase), you will get a free replacement, provided there is no water/physical damage