David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
39216975

it says "this account may not be able to send or receive e-mails

Customer Question

it says "this account may not be able to send or receive e-mails Are you sure you want to ave
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is David.

Who is your email provider?

What device are you trying to set up email on?

Do the other Internet applications work OK, such as Safari?

I will be able to help when I have this information. Please get back to me for more help.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My email comes in on Bellsouth.net (an ATT Uverse provider) I'm trying to set up email on my IPad2. All my other internet apps work just fine on y IPad2. By the way, my email works fine on my IMac, my IPhone3 and my Dell computer
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

If your email account is set up in Outlook on your Dell machine, connect your iPad, open iTunes, click on the iPad in the left sidebar, click the Info button at the top, scroll down to Mail and tick Sync Mail and make sure your account is selected.

When you click Apply the account will sync to your iPad.

If you have any questions please get back to me and I will answer them.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That didn't work as I couldn't fine the "Info Butto you referencen"
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

When you click the iPhone in iTunes there are a series of buttons along the top under the the toolbar. The first one is selected and it says Summary, then it says Info Apps Music Movies TV Shows and Photos.

Click Info and scroll down to tick Sync Mail Accounts.

Tick that and select your email account. Click Apply in the bottom right.

The account will be synced when the process finishes.

Please get back to me if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My buttons say Music, Movies, TV Shows, Ping, Podcasts, Audio books, I Tues U, Purchased and Downloads...There is NO Summary button!
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

You are looking at the left hand side in iTunes.

When you connect your iPhone it shows up under Devices on the left

Click that and you have a new row of buttons horizontally across the top.

Do you see the iPhone on the left hand side?

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is NO LEFT hand side. There is no DEVICES on the left. This is a brand new IPad2, perhaps it has changed somewhat.
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

You need to look at the left hand side in iTunes on the PC. Connect the iPad, and it should appear in the left hand side in iTunes on the PC.

If the iPad is not appearing in the iTunes sidebar then that is a new problem.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It doesn't
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

1. Connect the cable to the computer but disconnect from the device, open iTunes.
2. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears and slide the slider.
3. Wait for the device to turn off.
4. While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the other end of the cable to the device.
5. It should turn on, and you should see a "recovery mode" alert.
6. Select the device in iTunes and click Restore.

When the restore completes apply the Mail account sync setting and click Apply.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm running Windows on my Dell. It doesn't have ITunes
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

You need to have iTunes to properly use your iPad. It is one of the basic system requirements.

You can download it here:
www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Once you have installed it follow my previous instructions and let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It didn't work. I'm not satisfied with your results and would like my $28 back
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

My instructions should work. If they don't then I can help you if you tell me what happened or why it is not working. If you want to persevere I can help you, otherwise you can go to www.justanswer.com/refund

I hope you can persevere as it should be possible to get this working.

Kind regards,
David.