CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified

I just bought a macbook pro this afternoon. I set it up at

Customer Question

I just bought a macbook pro this afternoon. I set it up at my parents house and brought the computer home went to get on and it would not take my password XXXXX my apple id and password
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 2 years ago.

ComputerCare1199 :

hi

ComputerCare1199 :

are you talking about the OSX user password?

ComputerCare1199 :

or itunes Apple ID password

Customer :

actually both the user password XXX the apple id will not work on this computer the apple id is working fine from my iphone

ComputerCare1199 :

well, if you cannot even log-in osx

ComputerCare1199 :

how can you test if the apple id work or not

ComputerCare1199 :

first we have to log into osx first

Customer :

because when it wouldnt take the user id it gave me an option to use my apple id to change it when i did that it wouldnt take that

ComputerCare1199 :

well, we have to reset your osx user password

ComputerCare1199 :

now do you the osx installation dvd disc?

Customer :

it did not come in the box

ComputerCare1199 :

do they give you like a little usb memory stick

ComputerCare1199 :

or usb flash drive?

ComputerCare1199 :

that said recovery or installation

Customer :

directions book and a screen cleaner was with it i bought it at best buy

ComputerCare1199 :

you buy it new or used?

Customer :

new

ComputerCare1199 :

look for something like this or a dvd disc

Customer :

I see nothing like that

ComputerCare1199 :

thats weird, because you suppor to recieved a installation disc too

ComputerCare1199 :

might be missing

Customer :

i guess will have to go back to best buy in the morning

ComputerCare1199 :

open this page

ComputerCare1199 :

scroll down to "what's in the box"

ComputerCare1199 :

on the right side

ComputerCare1199 :

is said come with software

ComputerCare1199 :

all new macbook pro come with installation disc

Customer :

k i will have to go back to best buy cause it def is not here

ComputerCare1199 :

if you want to fix this problem fast, just do an exchange, since you have no data

ComputerCare1199 :

so you dont have to deal with reset administrator password

ComputerCare1199 :

but that up to you

Customer :

yea i will fight it out with them in the morning thank you for trying

ComputerCare1199 :

please click accept if you for this ticket if you going to do an exchange, if not, then come back here and I will show you step by step how to reset your administrator password