Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

Im trying to scan a document on my Lexmark 700 Pro, but I

I'm trying to scan a document on my Lexmark 700 Pro, but I keep getting a message saying the printer is busy, although there is nothing waiting to print, when I try to scan from all-in-one center. I restarted the printer and the computer. I then turned off the printer and unplugged the power cord and then removed and reinserted the power supply. I first tried to print wirelessly. I then connected the printer with a usb cable, but I get the same message either way.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer. I am Jins here to assist you. Please start the system in safe mode. To start up into Safe Mode (to Safe Boot), do this:

Be sure your Mac is shut down.
Press the power button.
Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone, but not before the tone.
Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple icon and the progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).

During startup in Mac OS X v10.4 through Mac OS X v10.6.8, you will see "Safe Boot" on the login window, which appears even if you normally log in automatically. During startup in Mac OS X v10.2 through v10.3.9, you will see "Safe Boot" on the Mac OS X startup screen.

To leave Safe Mode, restart the computer normally, without holding any keys during startup. Restart normally and try to scan again.

If it not helps, please uninstall your printer driver and re-install it.

Regards
Jins

Please ACCEPT My Solution If It Helped ..

POSITIVE Feedback And A BONUS Are Always Appreciated ..

PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE LEAVING A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have 10.7.2, which apparently does not emit a tone when it starts. I reinstalled the printer driver, but I still have the same problem. I forgot to mention that the all-in-one center displays the fax in the pulldown menue and the center crashes when I try to select the printer.
Okay, please uninstall the driver again. Then delete the preference files related to lex mark.

Delete it Manually

• Open your Home folder.
  • Open the Library Folder inside.
  • Open the Preferences folder inside.
  • Find the preferences you wish to delete, and drag it to the trash or your desktop. Most are named like "com.company-name.application-name.plist" so you can see which application it belongs to.

Delete all preferences file related to lex mark and then restart the machine. Then install the driver again and try to scan again. If problem still persists it may be a hardware issue. You need to contact the store where you bought the printer.

Note: Instead of deleting pref files manually you can use a program named AppZapper to do a clean uninstall.

Regards

Jins