Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have an Mac with Safari 5.0.6, Mac OS X 10.5.8 IMAC. One

I have an Mac with Safari 5.0.6, Mac OS X 10.5.8 IMAC. One night when I logged on I could not get on my favorite site "EBAY". I have had no success. I have reset Safari, empty catch. Ebay does work fine with my Macbook. Can you help?
Thanks Rudy
What is ther error message? Can you get to other sites?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have no error messages. Ebay will not load at all. The rest of the internet loads fine. I have no problems with any other web pages.
So if you click on this link there is just nothing?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it just locks up and does not go anywhere untill the page times out. The the screen say something like unable to open ebay etc...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes I downloaded it last night and the wheel just spins and it does not load either. I did not get the timmed out screen I got with Safari. I have never used firefox until last night.
Ok type this in your browser address:

hit enter
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did it gave me a redirect to ebay then said safari does not support the server on ebay
First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then open Macintosh HD (your hard drive on the desktop usually), then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions on the left. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Did you do that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Mac OS X
Version 10.5.8
Processor 2GHz
Memory 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Ok let me know after you run the Disk Utility
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok is say "permission repair complete"
So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The volume Macintash HD appears to be ok. This is what is highlighed in green. and yes then I repaired permission. Then at the end is say permission repair complete this is in black
Are you using Ethernet or WiFi?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Wifi. The mac book I also own works fine as does netflixs on my Roku box
Go to System Preferences / Network / WiFi / Advanced / DNS, click on the plus sign and add and also, then try again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok YES it works!!!!!
Thanks Very Much for the help!