Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Someone has hacked or stolen my apple ID... What can I do???

Customer Question

Someone has hacked or stolen my apple ID... What can I do??? It was : devilDog1 it won't work now. My email is now [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

You must contact iTunes Support ASAP and ask them to either block it or reset the password XXXXX your account. You can contact iTunes Support from here : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Also, you can try to reset the password XXXXX here : http://support.apple.com/kb/HE36

Also, contact your credit card company and ask them to block the charges from Apple until you recover your account. That is all you can do now. Let me know if you have any questions. Only click Accept if you are satisfied...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is not working......My password XXXXX not work?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Did you reset the password ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ITunes not answering?..doesnt do any good... can't change to NEW password XXXXX OLD one... give me an answer please I can use to get control back?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You don't need the old password XXXXX get new one ?

Did you visit the link i sent you ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You told me to suspend credit card(s)... I am 63 yrs old..., I did THAT before contacting you!? Nothing you told me was helpful.... Just "S.O.P.".... I wound up going to Apple Store next day. THEY straightened it out. I will not agree to pay $80 for the rather mundane advice you gave. I will challenge/block any such charge to my card. Thankyou for your albeit unhelpful response... You tried..
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
So what did you expected ? An easy button to get the hacker ?

This is not Apple...we can only provide advice here in these cases.