Bernie
Bernie, Mac Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

My iPad will not recognize my wireless network. I have reset

Customer Question

My iPad will not recognize my wireless network. I have reset my D_link 815 to ensure I am using the right name and password XXXXX what ever I do I get the same wrong password XXXXX

I have rebooted the iPad to start again with the same result. I have reload the iPad software by Itunes.

I look forward to your help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for asking your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be your expert today.

Have you setup a new network name (SSID) and network password XXXXX you reset the dlink 815?

Are other wireless computer/devices already connected ok?

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my computer and two iPads were working on the wireless network until I upgraded the iPad and had been working for twelve months.

Yes, I set up a new network with a new name but used the same password. Yes, this computer has no problem with the wireless network.
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the password XXXXX something all lowercase, then wait 2 minutes.

Now, on your Ipad, go to your new network displayed in your wifi list, and try to re-connect. If the network name is XXXXX XXXXX detected at all, please stop there and let me know.

If it still won't connect, try typing a $ sign before the new password. For example, if the password XXXXX XXXXX then type $12345. Also try it with apostrophes, like "12345"

Let me know if that works
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried all your suggestions. This caused problems with my computer wireless connections. I went back to basics. My computer is back on air. In going back to basics I realized it was not the the password XXXXX iPad needed but but the security key. The iPad asks for the wireless password XXXXX is confusing when it is not the password XXXXX the security key which is needed.

My tip is to suggest to someone who is having the same problem to try the security key.

Robert
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Actually, I was referring to the same wifi key when I said password, sorry for the confusion...in any case, glad it is fixed.

Bernie
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried your recommendations and then my computer would not work so I had to reset all and return to basics to start from scratch and reset the D-link completely.

Sorry you did not solve the problem and it was an added frustration when nothing worked including my computer wireless link.

Regards,

Robert