Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.

Hello, when I log into Pandora on my ipod touch the vo

Customer Question

Hello, when I log into Pandora on my ipod touch the volume works fine until I put my ipod on my docking station - then I lose volume. I get a message that says no volume available. However sometimes for some unexplained reason I DO get volume through the docking station but most of the time I do not. and, I always have the message at the bottom of my ipod that says "no volume available" - even if it is playing just fine. Both the itouch and the docking station are less than one year old. THank you!

Laura [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 years ago.

Please, do not forget to click the green ACCEPT ANSWER button if you found my answer helpful.

There are two possible sources for the problem.

First, Tap Settings > iPod and turn volume limit off

If you still have the problem, the culprit is going to be the actual physical connection between the iPod touch and the dock. Simply put, it needs to be cleaned. You can clean it with rubbing alcohol and q-tips (FIRST unplug all power of course).

Please, keep me updated on the status of your problem if there are any further issues. I will be available to respond.

After you click the green ACCEPT ANSWER button now, you can always continue communication with me if you have problems by logging into this site and pulling up this chat history.

Thank you,
- Jason

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Neither worked. Thanks anyways please do not bill me for this.
I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

I wish you luck,
- Jason
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was not able to solve my problem with the answers that were given to me. However I figured out my own solution. Please cancel and credit my money back. THank you.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Expert. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.