Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
40218039

Closed by CSR GD

Customer Question

Ipad model #MC820LL, Serial # XXXXX was a 2010 Christmas gift from my son. About 3 months back he loaded an update that showed up, on my desktop--Ithink. My questions are; 1)I had over 1400 photoes that have been taken off the ipad, and I can not get them to reload to the ipad? 2) I had the dictionary app, and it also has been taken off? 3) I was setup to purchase ebooks with one click from Amazon, that too has been taken off? HELP!!!

One additional question; Can I download (from desktop) to ipad, my Pandora Radio Stations?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

I will attempt to address your issues one by one.

The Photos - You might be able to access these from a backup, if it exist on your iTunes install. What you will need to do is connect your iPad to your computer via USB cable and open iTunes. From there, cancel any sync that starts. Right click on the iPad icon in the left column of iTunes and select Restore From Backup. From there, select the restore that last had your pictures and complete the process.

If the backup does not contain your pictures, repeat the process for a different backup.

If no backup has your photos or there are no backups available, there is no way to retrieve your photos.

Dictionary App - From your iPad, go to the App Store and then go to Search. Type in Dictionary and search. Find the app and redownload it (if you previously paid for the app, it does not cost you anything to redownload.

Amazon - You will either need to log in to your Amazon accoun through the Safari app on the iPad, or redownload the Amazon app from the App Store and reinstall it.

Pandora - Once you have downloaded and installed the Pandora app from the App Store, all you have to do is log in with your desktop Pandora log in account and all your stations will transfer to your iPad.

Let me know if you need further assistance.