Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

My 2nd Generation iPod touch screen says "iPod is disabled

Customer Question

My 2nd Generation iPod touch screen says "iPod is disabled connect to iTunes" What do I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.

The iPod is disabled because the wrong password XX XXXXXXX too many times.

To get out of this, try this.

Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPod. To the left side of iTunes, your iPod name will be listed below "devices". Just right click on the iPod name and select "restore from backup".
Select an older backup if you have one.

If this does not resolve the issue, then we have to restore the iPod to factory settings. With the iPod connected to the computer, on the iPod, press and hold the power button and home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on h

To get out of this, try this.

Select an older backup if you have one.

If this does not resolve the issue, then we have to restore the iPod to factory settings. With the iPod connected to the computer, on the iPod, press and hold the power button and home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec. Your computer will now give a message that it has detected an iPod. In recovery mode and needs to be restored. Restore the iPod now and finally select the option "set up as a new iPod".

Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Thank you
Vinod
Did that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried that but it didnt work..it said "iTunes could not connect to the iPod because it is locked with a passcode. you must enter passcode on the ipod before it can be used with iTunes"
You can click on cancel when you get that message without taking the finger off the home button
Is it restoring?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It says the same thing, how can I reset my password??

You can't reset the password. Let's try it again

With the iPod connected to the computer, on the iPod, press and hold the power button and home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec. Your computer will now give a message that it has detected an iPod. In recovery mode and needs to be restored. Restore the iPod now and finally select the option "set up as a new iPod".

In between if you get any message that the iPod is locked, just click on cancel without releasing the finger off the home button

Lets see what happens