Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

how to factory reset iomega network hard drive. cant access

Customer Question

how to factory reset iomega network hard drive. cant access any admin stuff forgot password XXXXX is there an external way to factory restore?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Claws224 :

If you are talking about an iOmega NAS unit then unfortunately there is no way to reset or recover the admin password, The only option that iOmega give you is to contact their cutomer support service and have them walk you through recovering the device.

The problem is that they openly state that all data will be lost http://www.iomega.com/support/manuals/800mseries/trblshoot_gen.html#passwd

Claws224 :

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, however Iomega do not seem to have made provision for loss of password situations

JACUSTOMER-6woh269g- :

I saw that on the website. They are closed on the weekends. i was hoping that there was a button configuration that would restore the factory restore on the hard drive i.e. hold the power button thirty seconds etc.