Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

my macbook is not detecting my canon pixma printer, the printer

my macbook is not detecting my canon pixma printer, the printer wifi light is not on though wifi is on , what can i do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Which version of OS X do you have?
What model Canon printer is it?
Have you read the instructions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the model of canon pfinter is pixma MP560

the version of OS X , do you mean year? or is there another designation

i have not read the instructions

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Look in the Apple menu in 'About this Mac',
graphic
graphic

Do not click the More Info unless a tech asks you to, it is more than what we need.

I have a Canon MG5220 wireless that was fun to hook up and yours will be similar.
Not hard once the instructions are read and some blanks filled in (some steps are not clearly explained).
This should help.

The first in the list is for OS X and setting up the printer.
Once the printer is connected to your network you have to use Canons software to register the printer on your Mac, both printer and scanner. That is important as it will print without doing that but will not scan.
Make sure you read that part twice, I had to.
If something is not clear or something does not work as expected please let me know and I will happily help.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.