James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert

I set up my sons ipod touch before I got my iphone. Now all

I set up my son's ipod touch before I got my iphone. Now all of his info is copying to my iphone and vice versa. Someone told me I needed to give him his own apple id. It ipod touch is under my apple id, he now has an email but it only 9. I tried to set him up his own id under my birthdate and address, but it said there is the email address is already used at the same address. Could you please advise how to get this resolved.

You can choose and pick what copies over to each of the devices. There is no need to setup a different Apple ID (and in fact, it won't really help you).

Connect either device to iTunes. Click it in itunes. Click each tab on the top, and select (or deselect) the items you want (or don't want) to sync to the specific device.

Then connect the other device, and do the same.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It seems as though it starts syncing before I can do that
You can stop the sync with the little x on the top, or prevent it using edit, preferences, advanced.