Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

most of my itunes files cant be found since IOS5 update. seems

Customer Question

most of my itunes files can't be found since IOS5 update. seems to be isolated to music I downloaded to itunes from CD's we had purchased. Any ideas?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Claws224 :

Full Size Image

If you open your My Documents folder and then browse to My Music then open the folder marked iTunes

In there you should see a folder called iTunes Media, If you could open that so you then see all your media and music listed

Once you have that can you then open iTunes and when iTunes is open can you then place the iTunes media window over the top of the iTunes program and press COMMAND+A to select all yoru music and media files then drag them to the iTunes library window and drop them like this

Once that is done all your files should then be reindexed back into iTunes so they shoudl all show up and play correctly

If you would try that and let me know if you have any issues or need any clarification

Customer : Unfortunately that didn't work. Still a gray exclamation mark by most of my library, and files can't be located.
Claws224 :

so do all your files show up in the iTunes Media folder?

If so can you go to iTunes and then press Command+A to select all the entire library then delete it so that iTunes is then empty.

Claws224 :

Once the library is empty can you then repeat the stpes I originally posted and let me know if the library will then index correctly, If not we will need to clear out your file and then see if we can reindex your library again