Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My iphone was stolen. I just recieved a new one and have been

Customer Question

My iphone was stolen. I just recieved a new one and have been trying to use the icloud to replace lost contacts. I never syced the phone I had, only about 4 or 5 months. Would the cloud have my info? I just keep getting the run around at Verizion...
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Claws224 :

Did you ever setup a mobile me or iCloud account on the old phone that was stolen or was it never synced with any machine or the cloud before?

If you have never synced it to the cloud using iCloud, Mobile me or by syncing it to your computer then I am sorry to say but you have no backup that you can use to restore the device.

Claws224 :

Basically without any sync there is no data to sync back to your device

Claws224 :

When you setup the cloud and setup the sync on the new phone it will then regularily backup your data to the Apple server in the cloud so then there is a set of data to restore so you will be good to go from now on, however as you never synced there is nothing that can be done at this point