Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

this is 9 mos. later and I am having the same problem. can

this is 9 mos. later and I am having the same problem. can anyone answer it?
not only does the eraser keep appearing but at times the color won't work.
I try trashing cs4 and hold down command, option, shift and restart cs4 getting rid of the current preferences. this works for a couple of days at most.
should I put the cs4 disc in and reinstall?
First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then open Macintosh HD (your hard drive on the desktop usually), then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions on the left. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I sent a question but, my reply is that I won't know until I try CS4
my harddrive was ok. no problems there.
I think this is a photoshop question.
I can get apple answers with my 3 year guarantee but they cannot and will not answer Photoshop questions.
do you know photoshop?
Yes I do that was just to check as I said. You did not give me the info I asked for.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not understand what question you want answered.
the repair was successful. I ran the repair although it had said there was no problem

the problem seems to be in photoshop.
I worked 2 hours with apple last week but they do not work with photoshop.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mac Os X 10.6.8
processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 13
Memory 4GB 1333MHz DDR3
Start up disk Macintosh HD
Is CS4 up to date? Open Photoshop and go to Help / Check for Updates.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I answered this before.
I have it set to update weekly.
to do this now I will need to turn off the computer.
I don't see where you said that but anyway....

Go here and get the Cleaner Tool, follow the directions to remove CS4 then reinstall and update:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html