Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iMovie 11 projects appear "jerky", what am I doing wron

Customer Question

My iMovie 11 projects appear "jerky", what am I doing wrong?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Do you mean they are "jerky" like the camera is jerking or some other artifact?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The video runs smoothly when reviewed on my camera, but after importing it to my MacBook Pro into iMovie 11, even after finalizing a project with the video, the end produce is jerky flowing instead of smooth flowing like the original video appeared
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What model camera?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
D7000 Nikon
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Oh that is the one I want to get! In iMovie Preferences / Video do you have it set to Full-Original Size? Also how are you exporting the final movie?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do have it importing at the full original size(although I'm believe I tried both full and large importing), and I finalize the project on the computer itself and watch it on my MacBook Pro
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok sorry but it turns out the D700 format is not compatible with iMovie but you can buy software to covert it here is one:

But this MOV video format came from Nikon D7000 is a long GOP format that is highly compressed, it is not a good editing format. So you will not playback or edit smoothly the highly compressed MOV on your Mac with QuickTime Player, iMovie, FCE, Final Cut Pro.

http://www.aunsoft.com/transfer-import-and-edit-nikon-d7000-videos-to-final-cut-on-mac/

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Did you get that?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Did you try that software?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Have been away from my computer, I will look this over today and get back to you, thanks.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok thanks .
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Did you look at that?