Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Whenever I attach a JPG file to my emails in Mail they dont

Customer Question

Whenever I attach a JPG file to my emails in Mail they don't show up for the recipient. I have been putting the file in a folder in order to for them to get it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

What email service are you using? Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail?

Also what email service is the recipient using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm using Mail on my Mac OS, not an internet browser. All the recipients of my emails with attachments say they don't see the attachment.

Another thing is that somtimes when I copy an image from the internet and paste in the copy of the email it does show up.

When I save JPG files from Photoshop and attach them, they do not show up.
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
You must first save the internet image then attach to your email.

As well as any files you want to send, they must be attached to the email.

What type of attachments are you sending?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I mentioned in my inquiry, it seems to be the JPG files that don't show up even though I attach them and their reply email shows that I have attached them, however they are unable to see them. I can attach PDF files with no problem.
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Please try the following:

Edit > Attachments > Always Send Windows Friendly Attachments.

Send the email and find out the outcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've tried that. Doesn't work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I send you an email so you can see what I'm saying? also could it be the type of JPG that I'm attaching? Most of them are saved in Photoshop.
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Unforutnately it's against justanswer policies to communicate with customers via email.

Do you know file extension you are saving the pictures in photoshop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just JPEG. Maybe if I could save them in "Preview" (Mac OS) they might show up, but I don't know how to do that. But the Photoshop JPEG files definitely don't show up.
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Locate Preview from your applications list.

Then Click File>Open and navigate to the picture. Save the file and test your issue.