Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I want to highlight a sentence in an iBook, then copy it to

I want to highlight a sentence in an iBook, then copy it to the Pages App. I don't find anywhere I can "copy" and 'Paste".
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

I noticed that you can only copy (normal method) from non-copyrighted books and you can't copy from copyrighted books. Try the normal copy method. Tap and hold your finger on the screen and select the text. If you can see Copy option, then tap it. See picture below;

But there is a trick to do it. See here :

Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after we solved the problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am unable to get this to work by followint the "work around procedure" you sent. When I am in an iBook (Econonics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt) I press and hold my finger to the text but I don't get the oportunity to "copy" but I do get the opportunity to "Search" so I drag to get the whole sentence and it is highlighted in blue and it appears in the Search Box and there is only one entry as the writeup states but when I tap that box trying to select it the text I desire to copy it does change color but when I go to Pages and tap the screen and select "paste" nothing happens.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Then you can't do it...Sorry. This won't wok in copyrighted books. That is the limitation Apple put in it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That is a problem then. I think that most books are copyrighted and therefore thwarts a real benefit of reading books on the iPad. There must be some way around this. I have no desire to copy the book and profit from that. I just want to retain certain passages. If I had a printed book, I could copy whole pages on a copier. Maybe to protect the copyright, Apple could add to each copied sentence something like, "Copied from NAME OF THE BOOK".
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately, i don't find any other way to over ride this limitation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, will you at least send a memo tp Apple to see if they will solve this problem. This is especially onerous for students who wish to use an excerpt from a copyrighted book in a class paper. Of course the student should give credit to the original author for using the excerpt.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You can send them Feedback from here :
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You haven't as yet supplied me with a solution to the problem I gave you. You told me to write an email to Apple and ask for a solution which I have done but no answer as yet. So I still have the problem. Please give me a solution.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
There is no solution to this problem...Sorry.