Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hi there- I have lost access to all my apps. I have email

Customer Question

Hi there- I have lost access to all my apps. I have email and web access? Any ideas
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Is this iPhone, iPad or iPod ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
iPad
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Delete the iBook application from your iPad and redownload it from AppStore. Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after it worked.
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All my apps are not loading not just the iBooks
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Connect your iPad to your computer, open iTunes application. In iTunes, select your ipad and click Restore. Then let it restore your iPad. This should fix the problem. Let me know if that didn't worked....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just tried it and no, when I try to access it it still gives me the message "failed to load.....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My othe apps still do not load either....
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
What happens when you click restore ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It starts to sync. I don't see anywhere that will allow me to restore?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
See picture below;

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't have time formthis now -I am now late for school and don't see the page you are trying to take me too.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Are you sure you are on iTunes on your computer ?

Add a bookmark of this page, so we can continue later.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I am on iTunes and no I don't have the patience or the time now.. I will not get back to the until late tonight or tomorrow... So thanks for the moment and I will try later.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Ok..Reply back here when you have time and i will get back to you ASAP.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
PS. I hate computers!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Haha....They are not so bad :-) You'll get used to them....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok found the restore and now I get the message that an unknown error has occured and can not be restored?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Can you try this from another computer, if possible ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I only have one computer here at home? Will I have to take it to an apple store to get fixed?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Before that we can try a different method to restore. Put your iPad to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below;
  • Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank.

Let me know if that didn't worked..

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What/where is the sleep/wake button?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
It is the Power button
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All that did was switch my computer off and send it in to safe mode....did I do something wrong?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
What ?? You have to press the button of your iPad, not your PC.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You did not explain that... I will try again... Home button on the computer and sleek/wake on the iPad
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Please read my answer carefully...I explained it. You don't have to press anything your PC. We're fixing your iPad, not your PC. Press both buttons on your iPad.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You explained I had to connect my iPad to the computer..... You did not mention I had to use the buttons on the iPad! If I were that good with a computer/iPad/whatever I wouldn't be talking to you!!! When my computer is finished running through it's safe mode/whatever the he'll it's doing, I will try again!! In the meantime I will head back to work. Thanks again fornyou time. Will be in touch.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Only iPad got the Sleep/Wake and Home button in here. We don't use that word for PCs. I thought you knew that...Anyway, try it and let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok well I have a few names for computers/iPads/iPhones!!!
Wonders on wonder-it's working- the apps I have checked are up and running and I can read my book.
Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Glad I could help...