Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

Every since I converted from mobileme to icloud, my calendars

Every since I converted from mobileme to icloud, my calendars contacts, photos etc, do not syc, what did I do wrong and how can I fix it
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 years ago.

Greetings,

Please, do not forget to click the green ACCEPT ANSWER button if you found my answer helpful.

On which device are you using iCloud's services?

You must setup iCloud on your Mac computer as well as your iPhone or iPad.

You can open the iCloud interface by clicking the Apple icon on the very top left of your screen, choosing System Preferences, and double clicking the iCloud icon.

On the iPhone or iPad, you must tap Settings > iCloud, and log in.

Please, keep me updated on the status of your problem if there are any further issues. I will be available to respond.

After you click the green ACCEPT ANSWER button now, you can always continue communication with me if you have problems by logging into this site and pulling up this chat history.

Thank you,
- Jason

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Notice my comment, that is the problem,in system preferences there is no iCloud icon there it is still the MobileMe icon
Please, click the Apple icon on the very top left of your screen and choose "About this Mac".

Which version of Mac OS X are you running?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am at the office right now, my Mac is at home. I do not recall the number, but it is the latest version. I made sure that I updated all my software, I updated with ios 5 when it came out, and have updated my iPad. I also have an iPhone 4s.
When you return home, please give me that information.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I called my wife. It is version 10.6.8

Thank you for the update.

You will have to upgrade to 10.7.2 before you can use iCloud.

You can verify that information at the following site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4759

You may click the green ACCEPT ANSWER button on the bottom right of your screen now and leave any feedback for me that you feel is appropriate.

Thank you,
- Jason

If you ever want to work with me as your expert in the future, please bookmark the following website. You can ask any future questions directly to me and I will be the expert assigned to your case: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-theextraordinaire/
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will try that and let you know what happens. Why does it tell me that there are no software updates when there are software updates?

That is because the upgrade to 10.7.2 (Nicknamed Lion) is neither automatic, nor is it free.

You can purchase and install Lion from the following link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/os-x-lion/id444303913?mt=12

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is that Lion? I do not want to update to Lion because then my Quicken for Mac won't work.

Yes, that is Lion.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

And there is no way to make iCloud work without Lion? Why didn't Apple tell me that. Or did I miss that little detail

I am sorry to report, but running Lion is a requirement for iCloud. When it did some out, it was a big surprise to me too.