Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.

After downloading a cd ex itunes my ipod touch 3rd generation

After downloading a cd ex itunes my ipod touch 3rd generation does not sync.
I have restored my ipod.
Ihave uninstalled itunes 3 times with no result. and reinstalled.
Using your diagnostic my computer says that there is no ipod connected. I have tried a different usb socket.
Derek Price
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 years ago.

Please, do not forget to click the green ACCEPT ANSWER button if you found my answer helpful.

You will have to restore the iPod Touch to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPod Touch, but you can later restore the contents of the iPod Touch to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):
- Press and hold the top power button until the iPod Touch turns off
- Connect the iPod Touch to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)
- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" message
- In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPod Touch and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
- Once that is complete, right click the iPod Touch listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.

Now your iPod Touch will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.

Please, keep me updated on the status of your problem if there are any further issues. I will be available to respond.

After you click the green ACCEPT ANSWER button now, you can always continue communication with me if you have problems by logging into this site and pulling up this chat history.

Thank you,
- Jason

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Some of the information in your reply does not seem to relate to what I see on my Itunes page. I am concerned about using restore since I can still play my albums and would not want to lose these. I think I will continue without being able to set up playlists or download other music from itunes store.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, remote into your computer so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes you can remote into my computer

D Price

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run:

You may click the green ACCEPT ANSWER button on the bottom right of your screen now and leave any feedback for me that you feel is appropriate.

Thank you,
- Jason

If you ever want to work with me as your expert in the future, please bookmark the following website. You can ask any future questions directly to me and I will be the expert assigned to your case: