Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I got a new iMac desktop computer a couple of weeks ago. I

I got a new iMac desktop computer a couple of weeks ago. I had this iMovie project come up, and I spent most of today editing the video. But I'm trying now to burn it to a DVD, but I guess iMac doesn't come with iDVD. I don't have the download for the iDVD, but I need that video burned and delivered in less than 5 hours.
So I put in a blank DVD and selected it in the finder. I was able to drag the project onto the DVD and press burn. It burned something on the DVD, but my DVD player said its in an unreadable format, and when I put it in my laptop to watch, but it thinks it's a blank DVD. Do you have a solution for me? Or am I SOL?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
If you have iMovie you should also have iDVD are you sure, have you looked in Applications folder?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nope, I don't have iDVD. I found that out when I did Share<iDVD. It said it couldn't perform the request because I do not have iDVD. So when I tried to find it, it wasn't there. That's why I tried to burn the disk through the finder- and it burned something, but nothing readable by a dvd player or quicktime or anything on the computer
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
You need special software to burn a playable DVD, iMovie will only make a video, try Toast.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't seem to download it. I tried to purchase the download, but when I click the verify order button, nothing happens. Seems it's unresponsive or something?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I don't know about that I don't work for Roxio. I guess just keep trying. good luck.