Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I used the command button then + or - to make the window not

Customer Question

I used the command button then + or - to make the window not overlap as you suggested. But the next time I sign on the overlap is back and I have to command and + the window every time I sign on. How do I make it permanent.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What was the original question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The original question was 'what is the meaning of life' (joke) but the window's text overlap so it's hard to read and often the continue button doesn't work because it is overlapped by say an advertisement and all I continue onto is the advertisement. Originally I had increased the small font size with the menu icon little 'A' goes to big 'A'. You said to use the command button and the minus and plus button to correct the overlapping text. It worked but the next time I sign on the overlap is back and I have to 'command' then ' +' again. How can I make the larger font and nonoverlapping text my default setting. The kids at the apple store are worthless.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok sorry but I did not have this question before what program are you referring to?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a macOS X computer with safari. The overlap issue occurs when I am using Safari and not with other apps. Is this the information you are referring to?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Yes, is it only one site or all? Try this go to Safari / Reset Safari / check all boxes and click on Reset.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did what you suggest but the safari window still has over lapping.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What site is this happening on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Rr.com road runner
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
All of it or just one part? Go to Safari / Reset Safari check all boxes and Reset then go to Preferences /Extensions and turn them off then try again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
A lot of the road runner window is overlapping. I can make the whole window bigger so nothing overlaps using the 'little a to big A' button or your 'command' '+' key sequence but if I close safari down it will and open it up again it is small and overlapping again. The new settings are not saved. I tried the 'safari'/'reset safari'-all the options are already checked-'reset' which clears the rr window and reopens with the smaller overlapping window. Then I 'preference/extensions/off' but the small overlapping window does not clear. I tried multitude of sequence variations of the open close safari, reset, preference, command + to see if that would work but nothing seemed to save the enlarged rr window.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hit Command minus sign
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
It has been several days of back and forth with suggestions and reporting results with more suggestions until 'Mike' circled back and repeated one of his initial instructions which didn't work to begin with.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
If I suggested that before it was not in this question. You started with that yes, but I did not tell you to do that. What heppened when you do that, if still same problem go here and download Firefox and try that:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/