Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I have my kodak digital camera attached to my computer but

I have my kodak digital camera attached to my computer but I cannot figure out how to upload (download??) the pictures (135 of them) into the computer. Ihave an imac.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

What model Kodak camera is it?
What application are you using to view/download?
Does it appear on the desktop as an external drive?
Which version of OS X is on the iMac?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kodak easy share M530
I am using iphoto
It appears onthe desktop as a camera infront of a palm tree picture
I forget how to findthe version of OS X imac I have.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
That is in the Apple menu in 'About this Mac' but I think I have what I need.

In iPhoto, when I connect my camera, it will open it and show me what the camera has on it. I can then use Command click or Shift click to select which I wish to import.
Is this what you usually do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
10.5.8
Usually when I plug in the camera and turn it on, the pictures appear.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok, then simply open iPhoto in the dock and it will work as I described above.
Or at least it should. Try it and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No luck.
The last import is all that comes up ... along with previous.
When looking for the icon I found that a Kodak share app is trying to download ... the little spokes keep
turning as they have for over an hour. I click on the x but it won't go away. Don't know how I got that up onmy screen.
Should I exit everything turn off the computer and start over??
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
First bookmark this so you can get back to me. Then that is a good idea. It seem that two applications are in conflict with the camera, one will have to give way.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had to work onit to get rid of the Kodak Share App v3.1, still can't get rid of the icon.
But the start over idea worked and the pictures came up.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
To permanently get rid of it drag it from Applications to the trash along with any icon on the desktop, if it is in the dock just drag it out and it will go poof.
Then empty the trash and it is gone.
You are welcome.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.