Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

yahoo items when clicked call for "flash" program; downloaded

yahoo items when clicked call for "flash" program; downloaded multiple times but still does NOT work. new macbook pro / os x / safari user....may need to have other downloads start working... thanks rick
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

What version of Mac OSX do you have on your machine?

10.5 10.6 10.7 ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
version 10.7.2
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thanks..

And as far as Safari.. Is it actually loading flash, and then after you shut down the computer, or close safari, is it continually asking you to reload flash?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no messages about flash at all after download; clicking on item that needs "flash" creates message to download (again) no error messages no messages after the download at all
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Ok..

Please follow the steps on the page below, to uninstall flash player for Lion

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90906.html#main_10.4

once you have uninstalled it using the tool on that page.. Then

It also includes a link to reinstall.. However, i strongly suggest restarting your mac after you completely remove Flash.. That way you can get a clean install when you reinstall it.

This fixes the majority of issues with flash, so If you get stuck during the process or t his doesnt work for you, Please send me a reply as needed so I can continue to help you.

Thanks!

To get back to me..

Come back to Justanswer.com

On the top right, click login. use the same email address you used to ask this question.

Once logged in.

On the top right,, click on my questions. And you will see our question listed there.

Simply click our question, and send me a response!

Or, you can find any of my replies in your email, click on it and it will bring you back to Justanswer.com, and this specific question we are working on together!

Please click the green accept button to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.
If my answer helped, please make sure to leave positive feedback on the screen that comes up after clicking accept. If my answer did not work, please wait to leave feedback till we get the issue fixed!
Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok I have tried this; just tried to view video on Yahoo and the message "get adobe flash player" box displays but not the video?? I see the player install in "downloads" double clicked to open - seems to complete BUT safari does not recognize / utilize. The laptop is brand new - is it possible that safari is somehow blocking?? Need help. rick