Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience:  7 + Years Supporting Apple Products
30013869

my ipad 2 wont connect to the internet , safari is not working

my ipad 2 wont connect to the internet , safari is not working and i cant recieve or send emails either. whenever i go to click on something that requires internet acess it just tells me page cannot be opened as im not connected to the internet. but when i go onto the settings it says that my wifi is connected . also my ipod touch is working fine so im not sure whats going on. i have tried resetting the ipad and also clearing out the cookies,cache and history as suggested but still nothing. please help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

What version iOS is running on your iPad currently?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have no idea what that means...im not very techy sorry
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Thank you and no problem.

Connect your iPad to your computer with the USB cable and open iTunes.

It should show you the details.

Reply back with this information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so all i have to do is download the newest version of itunes and itll be ok?
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Not necessarily.

But, if your iTunes version is less than 10.5.1 then I would suggest doing so.

Also, you need to check your version of iOS, the current version is 5.0.1

Reply back if you need more assistance with this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am just booting up my computer and have just connected ipad via usb ,,, just waiting to see what happens
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
What operating system are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its a compaq computer ... using windows on it . i dont know any more than that im afraid its my dads so im not sure
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.

Sounds like you have never connected your iPad to a computer before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i did it once when i very first got it but i havent done it since . i havent had it very long and never really got round to doing it for adding my music on etc. sorry for not being very tech savvy haha . ok i am currently downloading the new version of itunes and also current ios version too
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Fine business.

It's a good idea to back-up and check for updates with your iPad. Often sometimes is not often enough. Updates are being released by Apple continuously to patch security holes and fix issues like poor battery performance etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

good advice thankyou.

the download is half way done now .

Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3/4 of the way done downloading . hopefully this will solve the problem
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Ok, let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry its taking so long ,, download is nearly done now
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
no worries.

remember to back-up your iPad first.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
mesege just came up saying i had to re start the computer so just done that , waiting for itunes to re open now
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Typical for Windows :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

very ! haha

Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Let me know how it goes. I'll be standing by.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok so itunes has been updated i am now updating ipad software .

reckons its going to take 30 mins?? woah

Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
It can depending on your connections/network speed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

anything takes ages on this pc so im used to it .

after this updates then what shall i do ? disconnect the ipad and try the internet ?

Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
reply back after you've tested, thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the update had finished and was processing file but then a messege came up saying the update couldnt be finished because of network connection error . ? but the internet is working fine so it said re start update
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
What Anti-Virus software is the computer running?

Turn it off, and re-try.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

again i dont have much of an idea about that ... norton antivirus i believe but im not 100% sure .

will do that and see if it works after ,,, the itunes update downloaded without problem i dont understand why this one isnt

Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Windows and OS X /Mac do not play well together. Never have and I would have to say honestly, never will.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ive never had any problems before with any apple devices and our pc , i just dont get it why its not letting me do this update . i turned pc off and back on and tried unplugging the internet modem and plugging it back in so fingers crossed this time
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry, I think you mis-read my last statement. I suggested that you to disable any Anti-Virus software on the PC and re-try.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its not a good idea to turn off the anti virus because this update will take half an hour and it leaves me vunerable to viruses and other things . i need to close this because the network is busy and there for might be the problem as to why i cant download the update
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if i leave the site what happens to my details?
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
This Question remains intact.

Bookmark this page and check your email for responses.
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
How did that work out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello so sorry for the delay I had to go off to work my night shift . Yes success it worked and my iPad now is fine :) thank you so much for all your help and being so patient
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
You're very welcome!

And, I thank you!

MT
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience: 7 + Years Supporting Apple Products