Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

i just downloaded adobe flash 10.3 on my mac OS X (v. 10.5.8)

Customer Question

i just downloaded adobe flash 10.3 on my mac OS X (v. 10.5.8) and now pandora.com radio won't play. the opening page says i must install adobe flash (which i did) but now it won't work. i transferred adobe flash from applications to trash. is that the same as UNINSTALL? restarted computer: same. how do i get my pandora radio back please? thank you!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 5 years ago.

Jesse :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is Jesse, and I'm here to help.

Jesse :

Try downloading the version here. You should have installed 11.1, regardless of what link Pandora sent you to.

Customer :

the version of flash at the link you sent me does not include 11.1

Jesse :

Did you try playing Pandora in another browser, like Firefox (get it here)?

Customer :

no i do not wish to use any other browser

Jesse :

We need to find out if another browser will work with Pandora. That will tell us if it's problem with your computer, or just Safari.

Customer :

pandora has worked just fine on safari until i downloaded adobe flash v. 10.3.1 for another application i was using (avery.com). all of a sudden, pandora stopped working. can't log on to help.pandora.com because site says i need adobe flash and the link provided takes me to v. 10.3.1. i tried moving pandora to trash to reinstall, but then i still can't get past the home page that says i need adobe flash to use pandora. vicious circle.

Jesse :

I understand it's not working in Safari, but I can't tell you how to how to fix unless I know if it works in another web browser.

Customer :

i just tried to install adobe flash v. 11 but my computer doesn't meet hardware requirements.

Customer :

just tried to install firefox using your link. according to this link, my computer will not support this browser.

Jesse :

Okay, I'll opt out so someone else can assist.

Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, a paid expert support site. My name is Brandon and I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

Please download Flash directly from this link (10.3):

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/10.3.183.11/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

After downloading, run the installer package to install it. It will likely ask you to close Safari to install it. Before you do, bookmark this page so you can come back here. Once done, open Safari and go here to test your Flash install:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

It should tell you that you have version 10.3.183.11 installed. If so, go to Pandora and see if you can get it working.

Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i did exactly what you proposed and when i go back to pandora.com i get this:

In order to use Pandora internet radio, please install Adobe Flash (v.10 or later).
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nothing is working. i may need to call apple to get this fixed, because so far, although this is not an urgent problem, it is taking too long this way.
Did you visit the second link I sent you? What version, if any, did it show?

Brandon
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my computer is not compatible with this newer version of flash