Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My iphone does not recognize my wifi router. Whats wrong

My iphone does not recognize my wifi router. What's wrong?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Go to Settings / WiFi and select the arrow to the right of you network then select Forget this Network then try to add it back.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nothing happened. I selected "Forget this network", and confirmed. Then I went back to the Wi-Fi Networks page. My network appears there just as it did before, except not checked. When I selected it, the MikeAgranoff network shows nothing in any of the fields. There is no Wi-Fi icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen. I know my router is working properly, because I have an internet-capable TV connected to it, and it properly finds Netflix and other internet video streaming sources.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Turn the phone off by holding the Sleep button and Slide to Shut Off then turn it back on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That seems to have done the trick. This time when I went to the MikeAgranoff network, I was asked for my password. When I entered that, the fields in the next page were all populated, and I got the Wi-Fi icon in the upper left corner.

One more question before I accept the answer: Would it ever happen that the rounter might broadcast from a different address, requiring me to change the settings on the iphone?

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
No it is not address dependent it is the name of the network it looks for.